It looks like we are all in for a longer wait until the lock-down eases and work returns to normal, so here is a short summary of our situation:
Here at Ashburn we are working hard to keep our on-going move to a new site on-track and discuss with clients when and where we can continue to meet their heating needs.
Along with all of you we are also working hard to keep our families, staff and customers safe.
Heating emergency calls
If you are an existing customer with a heating emergency please contact us.
Our move to a new site at the old Moorcock Inn above Blacko
Our plans have inevitably been moved forward. Bruce and Fiona are working hard to keep as much work on the renovations going as possible. Our Earby site in Victoria Mill is still operating but we advise contacting us by phone or email. We can arrange safe site meetings or video meetings.
Hamish’s Tea Room
The tea room and café is still being developed and will open in line with Government advice regarding the relaxation of the lock-down.
Our website at http://www.AshburnStoves.co.uk provides information on a vast range of stoves and now is a good time to plan ahead if you want to ensure you have some independent, reliable heating in your home next winter
Renewable Heating Systems
Our heating website at http://AshburnHeating.co.uk provides information on our Renewable Heating options. Again, now is the time to start your plans for next winter to ensure you have a reliable heating system in place.
You can be assured that we will take all measures to ensure the safety of our customers and staff.
If you would like to have an initial conversation about your plans and find out how we can still work with you to make things happen, email us on hello@AshburnStoves.co.uk
Best wishes and stay safe and warm from the team at Ashburn
We have a fully reconditioned Stove for Sale – Wood or Multifuel
The Morsø Squirrel 1410 is the perfect choice for small homes and small spaces. A favourite amongst narrowboat owners, this little gem is one of Morsø’s best selling stoves and it is clear to see why.
This traditional cast iron stove is capable of burning both wood and smokeless fuels and offers a fantastic nominal heat output of 4.5Kw’s. Traditional in design, the 1410 offers Morsø’s iconic squirrel relief on both sides of the stove
Here are some top tips to ensure Log Stove owners do all they can to help their local environment:
• If using an open fireplace only burn smokeless fuels. Not all fuels sold are smokeless but if in doubt ask your supplier.
• Any stove or fireplace should properly maintained and its chimney swept regularly.
• If using a stove or other appliance use normal wood. Usually wood that has been kiln dried or seasoned to have a lower moisture content will be much less polluting, as much as 50 per cent less pollution than emitted from burning fresh logs.
• Drier wood is more efficient, producing more heat per log.
• Wood that has the Woodsure Ready to Burn label is certified to have a low moisture content
• Never burn old pallets, furniture or scrap wood as it may contain contaminants that can be harmful to your health and the environment.
• Store fuels correctly to make sure wood does not get damp from the rain or damp in the ground.
• Open fireplaces are the most polluting way to burn solid fuels.
Using a well-designed, properly installed stove or appliance can make a big difference and The Stove Industry Alliance has introduced the Ecodesign Ready label which can emit up to 80 per cent less pollution than a normal Defra approved appliance.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.