We have a fully reconditioned Stove for Sale – Wood or Multifuel
The Morsø Squirrel 1410 is the perfect choice for small homes and small spaces. A favourite amongst narrowboat owners, this little gem is one of Morsø’s best selling stoves and it is clear to see why.
This traditional cast iron stove is capable of burning both wood and smokeless fuels and offers a fantastic nominal heat output of 4.5Kw’s. Traditional in design, the 1410 offers Morsø’s iconic squirrel relief on both sides of the stove
Here are some top tips to ensure Log Stove owners do all they can to help their local environment:
• If using an open fireplace only burn smokeless fuels. Not all fuels sold are smokeless but if in doubt ask your supplier.
• Any stove or fireplace should properly maintained and its chimney swept regularly.
• If using a stove or other appliance use normal wood. Usually wood that has been kiln dried or seasoned to have a lower moisture content will be much less polluting, as much as 50 per cent less pollution than emitted from burning fresh logs.
• Drier wood is more efficient, producing more heat per log.
• Wood that has the Woodsure Ready to Burn label is certified to have a low moisture content
• Never burn old pallets, furniture or scrap wood as it may contain contaminants that can be harmful to your health and the environment.
• Store fuels correctly to make sure wood does not get damp from the rain or damp in the ground.
• Open fireplaces are the most polluting way to burn solid fuels.
Using a well-designed, properly installed stove or appliance can make a big difference and The Stove Industry Alliance has introduced the Ecodesign Ready label which can emit up to 80 per cent less pollution than a normal Defra approved appliance.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.