Statement following todays Government advice 24-03-2020
We continue developing an on-line virtual meeting facility to enable customers to continue their planning – please register your interest here 01282 841500 hello@AshburnStoves.co.uk and we will follow this up with you
The showroom doors are now closed to general public access
Ashburn are analysing how we can we help our customers with either their existing heating projects, or help them ‘Beat The Queue’ and start getting their new project underway now, so that ‘post virus’ they are a good position to pick up the pieces without further delays.
We are soon launching a new ‘Virtual Meeting’ facility which will allow our customers to discuss their plans and start considering feasibility and preparing plans. You will have the opportunity to book a meeting on-lone with our Managing Director, Technical Directer or Project Manager.
While we are developing this you can contact us here to express an interest and we will get back to you ASAP:
Previous statement – During these difficult times Ashburn are integrating Government advice into our work practices:
1: The health of all our staff is questioned on a daily basis and all staff are aware of the need to isolate themselves from contact with the public.
2: Where work is taking place in an unoccupied property progress is uneffected
3: where work is taking place on an occupied property the decision whether or not to continue will be made in conversation with the client. If work does progress a method to manage the relevant health issues will be agreed.
4: Emergency work: where emergency work is required to maintain heat and hot water, a method to undertake this while reducing any health risk will be agreed with the client.
5: Planning new or future work: We know many people still have plans to install new heating systems, or may need to understand more about renewables in order to reach a decision. Ashburn are happy to undertake as much help/advice/planning as possible; either by phone/email or via meetings arranged in a manner which reduces health risks as far as possible
We have a fully reconditioned Stove for Sale – Wood or Multifuel
The Morsø Squirrel 1410 is the perfect choice for small homes and small spaces. A favourite amongst narrowboat owners, this little gem is one of Morsø’s best selling stoves and it is clear to see why.
This traditional cast iron stove is capable of burning both wood and smokeless fuels and offers a fantastic nominal heat output of 4.5Kw’s. Traditional in design, the 1410 offers Morsø’s iconic squirrel relief on both sides of the stove
Here are some top tips to ensure Log Stove owners do all they can to help their local environment:
• If using an open fireplace only burn smokeless fuels. Not all fuels sold are smokeless but if in doubt ask your supplier.
• Any stove or fireplace should properly maintained and its chimney swept regularly.
• If using a stove or other appliance use normal wood. Usually wood that has been kiln dried or seasoned to have a lower moisture content will be much less polluting, as much as 50 per cent less pollution than emitted from burning fresh logs.
• Drier wood is more efficient, producing more heat per log.
• Wood that has the Woodsure Ready to Burn label is certified to have a low moisture content
• Never burn old pallets, furniture or scrap wood as it may contain contaminants that can be harmful to your health and the environment.
• Store fuels correctly to make sure wood does not get damp from the rain or damp in the ground.
• Open fireplaces are the most polluting way to burn solid fuels.
Using a well-designed, properly installed stove or appliance can make a big difference and The Stove Industry Alliance has introduced the Ecodesign Ready label which can emit up to 80 per cent less pollution than a normal Defra approved appliance.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.